2 Corinthians 12:9-10
• The most important theme in this letter # 6 is related to anxiety and suspense.
• The topic of fear and worry concerning hypothetical fates, brings to the forefront of our relationship with God of whether we trust Him personally and/or whether we ultimately believe that He is trustworthy.
• C.S. Lewis brings out the fact that these anxieties provide tremendous opportunities for humility and growth.
• Why does fear and anxiety concerning the future impact us the way it does?
• This definitely is something that Satan will try to use against us in keeping our focus off of the Lord and on our circumstances, whether REAL OR IMAGINED.
• What does the Lord desire for us concerning attitudes about war, anger, and revenge? Is there such a thing as a ‘just war’.
• We are confronted directly with the temptation by Screwtape to keep us from putting into practice the virtues that God has spoken of quite clearly in His Word.
• If our enemy can keep us concentrated on all the things we might do for the kingdom, but never put them into practice, he will be ab le to secure in us a fruitless and ineffective life for the advancement of God’s kingdom.